Mint & Melon Iced Tea
- Subtle flavours of mint and melon mingle on the tongue.
- Serve with fresh mint or mint ice cubes.
- 5 bags Higher Living Green Tea
- 3 cups (750ml) cubed peeled honeydew melon, about half a melon
- 1/3 cup (75ml) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) mint leaves
- In large heatproof measure or bowl, steep tea in 8 cups (2L) boiling water for 4 minutes. Discard bags.
- Meanwhile in large saucepan, bring melon, sugar, 1 cup (250ml) water and mint leaves to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until melon is broken down, about 8 minutes. Add to tea; let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve into pitcher, pressing solids only gently so beverage remains clear.
- Serve with ice cubes.